Developer adds more than 2,000 new apartment units to Houston market
Alliance Residential Co. is nearing completion on seven new luxury apartment projects across Houston.
The Phoenix-based developer is set to deliver its Broadstone-branded apartment projects through the end of the year and into early 2017, adding more than 2,200 units to the Houston market. With the completion of these projects, Alliance Residential will have built 27 communities in Houston since 2001, and more than 60 communities across Texas.
Alliance Residential — one of the nation’s largest multifamily developers — recently ranked No. 2 on the Houston Business Journal’s Largest Houston-Area Multifamily Developers List. The developer continues to look for new opportunities to develop apartments in Houston despite the oil slump — most recently taking the highest bid to purchase a historic water plant in the Heights.
“Sure, the market is cyclical, and is currently facing headwinds tied to supply and the decline in oil prices,” Cyrus Bahrami, Alliance Residential’s managing director of south Texas, said in a statement. “But in the long run, I think we all can agree that Houston will continue to lead the nation in population and job growth because of its strategic corporate alliances, entrepreneurial environment, low cost of living and friendly communities.”
Here are Alliance Residential’s latest apartment projects in Houston:
- Broadstone Falcon Landing: A 386-unit apartment and townhome project in Katy featuring a three-acre lake, green space, fountains, courtyards. The project opened earlier this year.
- Broadstone Energy Park: A 416-unit apartment project in the Energy Corridor featuring one- and two-bedroom units. Common area amenities include courtyards, a resort-style pool, 62-foot lap pool, a 24/7 fitness center and yoga/spin studio. The project opened earlier this year.
- Broadstone Harmony: A 273-unit apartment project in Spring featuring one-, two- and three-story bedroom units. Common-area amenities include a resort-style pool with beach entry, outdoor kitchen pavilion, fireplace and a 24/7 fitness center. The project opened in November.
- Broadstone Woodmill Creek and The Townhomes at Woodmill Creek: The two apartment projects, located near The Woodlands, will offer 380 apartments and 171 townhomes. Common-area amenities include fitness centers, resort-style pools and resident lounges. Leasing has started for the projects.
- Broadstone Skyline: A 269-unit apartment project near downtown Houston featuring a resident lounge, penthouse, a sky lounge and an Epicurean Kitchen and bistro. The project will begin preleasing by the end of the year.
- Broadstone Tinsley Park: A 365-unit apartment project near Buffalo Bayou Park featuring a rooftop sky deck, game lounge and 10,000-square-foot fitness center. The project will begin preleasing by the end of the year and open in 2017.
Visit the Houston Business Journal to view the article.