Corporate Social Responsibility
Alliance is an organization committed to improving the lives of our associates, protecting the environment and giving back to our local communities. Our story of what we’re doing in these areas can be found in our annual Corporate Social Responsibility report.
To give you a quick sense of how we’re progressing with our goals, in this year’s report we’ve consolidated our key metrics into “dashboards” related to property management, sustainable development and redevelopment, our associates, and Alliance Cares that are supported by case studies and initiative highlights. We also feature our “doers”, which are our associates and our residents, who help us meet our goals to minimize our environmental impact and be great citizens in our communities. Click here to read this year’s report for further details.
Alliance is committed to sustainable business practices. Our focus is to minimize the impact we have on the environment, provide healthy and efficient homes and offices, control operating expenses, drive savings and promote environmental awareness to our stakeholders. Click here to learn more about our “7 Ways to Focus Green.”
- All initiatives are guided by our in-house sustainability department.
- Many of our green initiatives reduce operating costs.
- Incorporating energy-efficient lighting and Energy Star appliances adds value for today’s renters, who are increasingly willing to pay higher rents for features that translate to utility cost savings and a healthier home.
- Using zero-VOC paint with zero-VOC colorants allows us to improve indoor air quality, providing a better environment for our employees and residents.
- Alliance proudly became an ENERGY STAR Partner in 2014. This voluntary program (through the Environmental Protection Agency) helps businesses and individuals save money while protecting our climate through superior energy efficiency.
Alliance isn’t just doing business in the local community — we are a part of the community. Through the “Alliance Cares” program, we orchestrate portfolio-wide campaigns to benefit various charities and encourage associates to participate in local volunteer efforts. Our teams donate their time and energy to support many worthy causes and events, including: Tools 4 Schools Toys for Tots Soles4Souls The Boys and Girls Club DoSomething.org Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure Rebuilding Together San Francisco’s “National Rebuilding Day” Children’s Burn Foundation The BuddyWalk Shoreline Clean-Ups.